Monday, July 20, 2009

Additional information....per your request

I love reading the blog comments but I have been neglectful in answering the questions they sometimes contain. So, here you go:

1. "How has the cat adjusted to the new house? We haven't seen any pictures of Whiskers in the new home."

Hmmm, yes, I suppose I have neglected to mention Steve's cat. Previously my cat but that's another story. Whiskers is now nine years old. She has moved with us five times. She's a horrible traveler but luckily these last moves have been over short distances. She quickly acquaints herself with her new surroundings and finds "her places". She loves to be outside. Unfortunately she is not allowed out because she can fit through the iron gates. So she darts out every time a door is opened. This stinks! She never did this before and I hate chasing her. Other than that, I'm pretty confident she likes the extra space and living in air conditioned comfort snuggled somewhere in a random corner. This cat has it made. We ask nothing of her. We know she won't deliver. She is not interested in catnip, milk, tuna, chasing bugs or any of the "normal" cat activities. Often I wonder if she is truly a cat.

Here she is after an exhausting day of doing absolutely nothing.:


Receiving a little Emily love. Spoiled cat:


2. "Do you think there might be some "monkey see monkey do?" This is in response to the blog about my cubs taking off their diapers and being proud of it (July 8).

Yes, I "see" my monkeys "do". Lucky me. I'll let you guess which monkey is the leader.

3. "What did she do when she escaped? Rampage the toys? Escape the room? And was she proud to have escaped?" These are all referencing my "Escape Artist" blog from June 28.

Here are the additional details. On Emily's first escape, Steve and I tucked the cubs in for the night and then we went into the backyard (with the baby monitor) to do a little lawn work. Zach (aka security alarm/motion detector) started crying so Steve and I went into the house and there was Emily standing in the living room. Caught red-handed with her paw in the toy bin. She looked at us and smiled. Yes, she was very proud. VERY PROUD! We were very shocked. Her second escape was during nap time one afternoon. I was sitting in my recliner working on my laptop and looked up just as she was walking around the corner of the sofa. She raised her hand HIGH above her head and waved at me, again with a huge smile. I'm happy to report that there have been no escapes since being moved into separate rooms although I have witnessed a few unsuccessful attempts on the video monitor.

4. "We heard that you have an "escapee" living at your house. Has Officer Cheer Bear come by to investigate?" This comes from my June 7 blog. Apparently there was a news leak prior to the posting of the "Escape Artist" blog. This was one question I actually answered...Cheer Bear has sent her Head of Security, Weldon, to assess the situation. I'm still waiting for his report.

Thanks to everyone for reading our blog. Keep the comments and questions coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would enjoy hearing your version of the story on how Whiskers went from Heather's cat to Steve's cat.