I want to thank my Mom for spending two weeks with us and helping out with the cubs. She pretty much handled every diaper for me, not to mention all of the other "chores". Thanks Mom! I also want to thank my Dad for letting my her come...it left him fending for himself. When my dad came to pick her up he brought these sand buckets for the cubs. What a hit!!
Grandpa Bear also brought this cool electronic drum set.
The obligatory Baxter photo.
Emily with Baxter.
Operation Separate Rooms
After much debate, Steve and I decided to separate the cubs. Naptime was going very poorly and it was starting to take a toll. The cubs would choose to talk and play instead of sleeping during their naptime and then they were miserable throughout dinner and the early evening. They would end up going to bed early and waking up the next morning even earlier. So we put Emily in her own room last Thursday. Much to my surprise it went very well. There was not much fuss and both cubs slept through the night. The true test would be naptime on Friday and amazingly it went well too. I have declared Operation Separate Rooms a success. Emily is still in her crib as I am still not brave enough to have her in a toddler bed yet. Luckily she hasn't tried to escape recently. I'm sure that time is coming soon though.
Her first night in her own room.:
His first night alone in his own room.:
Cold front
The weather here has been dreadfully hot. Today it was 105. I am looking forward to the cold front expected on Friday. The temp should drop to frigid 96. Gotta love Texas summers.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Catching up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI. How has the cat adjusted to the new house? We haven't seen any pictures of Whiskers in the new home.
Post a Comment